Friday, April 15, 2011

Love Hurts


I've gone through just about all of the stages of grieving since opening this post page. And I'm still hurt, especially my strawberry tart

Let me fill the rest of you in. Today was D.Webb's last day with us (Mutt's).

I never know if I should write for everyone else in the office but this one's easy. I'm pretty sure about fifteen of us are right now, at this moment, weeping. Sixteen if you count Mona's howls. This is the face of devastation... Even those of us who are just finally getting to know the Man  the Myth  The Legend, are feeling a little hole swelling up inside.

Okay, I'm crying.

Damien was kind of a big deal. He's a killer designer, a stand-up guy and great friend. And he's English (which finally makes that strawberry tart joke funny). Plus he has two motorcycles. Let's be honest, he's totally cool. Which is only salt to the Loss Wound. 

But I've reached Level Five: Acceptance now and I just figured it out. Mutt's a family, and that bond lasts forever and, perhaps most logically, you've got an iPhone. 

I'm sad. We all are. But I'll be sending you iChats just as often.

Love you. Miss you. 

Please Come Back...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damien,
Sad in Dallas too. Thank you for sharing so much of your talent and late nights on behalf of Paciugo. Nancy.