Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Take That Mrs. Peller's Homeroom

The boys have a library of books here at Mutt and it's a goal of mine to read them all. Yesterday I took a gander at two of Paul Arden's books (1)(2). I preferred the latter of the two, but the first had this gem:

Mutt knows this. I was told from day one here not to be precious about my ideas. But it wasn't always this way.

If you're quick witted you've deduced that this story is about Mrs. Peller's homeroom. I got in many-an-argument over sharing work. Everyone was precious about everything. I'd say things like, "come on man, it's called collaboration." Or, "It's not hurting you any." Or even the sensible, "it's better for your back not to hunch over like that." And would you believe people argued? Apparently I was ahead of my time.

So now I'd like to say, "I knew it. I knew better." And I hope you've learned your lesson. Thank goodness for collaboration.

2 comments:

Mutt said...

stealing is healthy Z. don't let anyone tell you different.

Ashly Stewart said...

This is a lovely post :)