Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Uncle Z

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some very exciting news. In a little more than four months my oldest brother and his wife are expecting their first child. This will make me an uncle for the first time in my life.

The best part - A few days ago I met up with my brother for drinks at Por Que No and he dropped the news. When he told me, he explained what the experience was like at the clinic:

"So the baby is curled up in Rachel's stomach with one arm behind his head like he's posing for the ultrasound. The doctor moves the ultrasound around to show us our boy and as he passes major body parts he makes an announcement, 'and here's your baby's heart!'
But dude, our baby is going to be a ladies man, because nearly every time the doctor passed our baby he'd say, "...and there's the penis again." I guess most babies are hard to distinguish at such an early age, but our little guy was just BAM!"
Giggle, giggle....Guess who's going to be the raddest uncle in the world? I am because I am going to teach my nephew the ways of the lady man. And thanks to the boys here at Mutt my skill set has just about septupled.

The worst part - I lost the 2010 Zavertnik Baby Bet. There goes world-record winning streak of 22 years undefeated.

Congratulations big brother!

No comments: