Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 is off to a great start (kind of)


After ten days of sobriety and a steady diet of yoga and egg salad, I feel amazing. Just this morning I was able to bounce up a flight of stairs without blacking out and/or seeing stars. I also feel less hostile, and oddly calm. That being said, I’m bored out of my mind. If I continue on this course, my soul is going to evaporate (and reincarnate as a whiskey tumbler). A life without sin, I’m learning, is probably not worth living. No, that's not a suicide threat. It’s simply an urgent request for a slice of pizza and a Camel Light. Thank you.

1 comment:

LD said...

Oh Scotty my boy, don't you know that you just give up one vice for another? Whiskey, smokes and fatty foods are so lat year. 2009 is about organics and following doctor's orders.