Friday, February 27, 2009

Jerry's Angry Kid.


As a blogger I have lots of influence. There are literally 35-45 people out there desperately waiting for me to tell them what's cool. With that influence comes tremendous pressure, which is why I rarely (if ever) share the bounty from my cool-hunting expeditions. But a few minutes ago I happened across a can't-miss cultural home run. It's W+K Radio, and outside of Mutt and Brandon Roy it's the coolest thing in Portland right now. The manager, Janice Grube, is smart, sexy and a one-time rock-star. And one of the DJs, Lee Jefferson Davis, sounds like a butter pecan cookie on air. The only wet towel of the bunch is A. Schafer (that's an alias, btw). Man, I thought I was angry this morning. A. Schafer sounds like he's fresh off a five-year stint in Gitmo. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this station! chicago radio sucks so thanks for sharing!

Mutt said...

word. chicago radio is about as bad as it gets. glad you enjoyed CAW.

Ulysses said...

Have you heard the show "message to pretty" or the interview with Dungen on WK Radio? That Matt guy has a way dreamy voice.

Mutt said...

haven't heard of either Ulysses. sorry. Jerry's Kids are great though. I hear everyone loves them at Wieden.