Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let's Go Outback Tonight.


I watched Australia this weekend; it was slightly less painful than the compound fracture I suffered 20 years ago. What a mystifyingly stupid film. That being said, I learned a lot from this movie. Unbeknownst to me, Australians are very hateful and aggressive. They treat aborigines like shit (I already knew that, courtesy of Midnight Oil), they can’t handle their liquor and they treat their women like dogs. It’s funny, but I actually considered going there to see my friend Sudeep. Not anymore. Guess I’ll just have to settle for the Outback Steakhouse.

2 comments:

Sudeep said...

Dude, please don't be down on Australia based on Baz Luhrman. Trust me the entire of nation of Australia is personally ashamed and embarrassed by that film.

At least your tourism peeps didn't ask that clown to direct commercials to get people to actually visit Australia!

Do the right thing, ignore Baz and come down to visit!

Mutt said...

not buying it Sudeep. if there's one thing i've learned, it's that movies are real life. i simply can't afford to subject Alison to that level of chauvinism and abuse.