Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We Have a Mountain and You Don't.


Driving to work this morning, I was reminded of how insanely beautiful Portland is. Not because of the tulips starting to emerge in my backyard. Or the lush hedges that line Willamette Drive. No, today Mt. Hood finally emerged from its slumber. And it was one of the most beautiful sights mine eyes have seen. It's funny, but during the winter months our awesome mountain all but disappears. Not because it's vacationing in Florida, but because it's perpetually socked in by dense cloud cover. I won't bother trying to articulate how much I love Mt. Hood. But let's just say, I would have no problem if it rained lava on my head and/or sucked me into a snowy crevasse. At least it would be a beautiful and dignified death. Btw, isn't it funny how a post about beauty morphed into a horrific death wish? Hilarious!

No comments: